The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horrors Inc.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 12:43 am

There are three parts to how the world operates in all forms of its business.

There are those who make broad, sweeping overtures and declarations to other nations and individuals across the world; publicizing them and staging photo ops for every other second of the entire process. They are the ones most credited and most blamed for the goings on in the world.

There are those who make their over the table deals legitimately; providing a benefit to both sides, or screwing one side over completely. You've seen these sorts of deals. This is what your daddy goes through when he wants to buy you a new car because you're too lazy to get your own.

Finally, there are those who make under the table deals and broom closet bargains; the sort of things that wind up leading to an assassination attempt or a hostile company takeover. These are the sorts of things that squirm their way into the public eye months after they actually happened and usually involve deals of the first two types to sweep whatever it was under the rug again.

Oh, and then there are-

Wait, what's that? I only mentioned three ways of business?

This is the fourth.

It doesn't exist.

Or at least, there's no proof of it.

At least not anything credible.

Oh, and it's not worldwide either. It hasn't been around that long.

Horrors Inc. is a loose collective of people who work for their own ends; achieving in moments what some spend a lifetime only attempting. Some are human. Some are not. Some may even defy classification. These are the people who open portals to Hell in the Everglades and then use the Weekly World News to tell their familes about it because anything else would cause an international uproar. These are the people who are so secretive about their assassinations that you don't even know of their target's existence. These are the people who can find a chain conspiracy that connects your new puppy from the animal shelter to the president of Finland. Oh, and Nostradamus? They invented the guy.

Oh yeah, and the "Second Gunman" is one of their senior weapons training instructors. He could shoot you in your car from behind a grassy knoll.

Wait a minute...

Horrors Inc.

It's not just under the table.

It's under the basement foundation that suffers from flooding every April.

SO.

Darkish/odd humor in a few areas. Bounty Hunters, Stockbrokers, Assassins, Methodists, members of the Punk'n'Ska Cult of Katie Holmes...all the manner of underground operatives that you would never really expect to be underground operatives in the most general sense. Superpowers allowed, metahumans allowed and all that. Keep 'em relatively modern though please. Plot(s) will evolve as we go along.

Who's in?
Back to top Go down
nankotsu
Groupie
nankotsu

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 1:15 am

*raises hand*
Back to top Go down
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 10:49 pm

One whole person! yay! XP
Back to top Go down
Lith
Lackey
Lith

Male
Number of posts : 13

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:17 pm

*jumps into the rp*

COUNT ME IN 8D
Back to top Go down
guildsbounty
Groupie
guildsbounty

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:05 pm

*raises hand* question!

this is based on earth, I'm assuming. so...what time area we in, you said modern, but are we present day modern, or futuristic.

You already should know who it is Q, but the character that I may insert is something of an interstellar salvager/trader with a slight penchant for Piracy

I'm jus tryin to figure out if we're gonna be causing any interstellar incidents, or if we'll be contained to the planet.

I'll mention now, my character may not be around all the time...but hey, everyone needs a good trader who doesn't ask questions when brought something....and the 2km long starship can't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 7:27 pm

quasi-futuristic, primarily planet-based though there may be an extraplanetary assignment that crops up once or twice.

So tech will be up to the level of enhanced weaponry, computers and some vehicles/ground mechs. Lightsabers and anything faster than a week-to-reach-mars spaceship would be out of the current time ideal for example.
Back to top Go down
guildsbounty
Groupie
guildsbounty

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:21 pm

hmm........ah well, Hayden ain't from earth anyway ^_^
Back to top Go down
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 11:00 pm

Eh, he should be fine..though I'd be careful with just how advanced his stuff gets compared with present technology.
Back to top Go down
guildsbounty
Groupie
guildsbounty

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:44 pm

yeah yeah...I'll make it so there's laws or something regarding the distribution of high tech equipment to 'underdeveloped systems'
Back to top Go down
nankotsu
Groupie
nankotsu

Male
Number of posts : 39

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:01 am

I'll just say this cause i know it to be true.

We can pretty much count GB out of the rp until fall when school starts up again. He works all the time in the summer and actually trys to have a life. So dont be surprised if ya dont see him again for a while
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horrors Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horrors Inc.   Horrors Inc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horrors Inc.
Page 1 of 1