The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That dreaded four letter word.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

That dreaded four letter word. Empty
PostSubject: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:36 pm

aka; "Iraq".

The bottom line really; is that we're stuck in a civil war over there. The White House can call it "Sectarian Violence" all they want, but I'm not going to be the one phoning historians to rewrite the textbooks to list the United States Civil war as "Secession Conflicts".

We're in there, and there's honestly no easy way to get out.

Discuss the war, the troops, etc.

Well, two things first.

• Don't get too heated with this one please. Yes, I know it's a naturally touchy subject, but let's try to stay levelheaded with it?
  • party-line bashing. Just don't do it please. Criticizing the policy is fine, but let's not see the "Bush is an idiot!"/"Congress are cowards!" stuff please?

Okay, NOW discuss.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male
Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Well, the simpleest way is to say, my people are tired of paying for the war, and we are changing presidents in one year, so, you have six months to improve before we pull out, and if your not fixed up, than its up to the U.N. to help you, not us (I know its not that simple ,but thats the just of it)
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 4:55 pm

I really feel sorry for our men and women over there, because they're giving it their all, but for what? Whatever step we take forward in stabilizing Iraq is going to be knocked back two steps to hell.

It's the Paula Abdul Theory of War. For ever two steps forward we take, the insurgents will knock us two steps back.

"Well, this school just got a fresh coat of paint and we're teaching the students to read and write.....oh...wait, never mind. A car bomb blew up and killed everyone involved."

What's equally disturbing is the Bush Administration claims they have a Plan B, but they just don't wanna say what it is yet. So if they're not using Plan B, that must mean Plan A is working well (by their standards.) This is their defintion of success?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:22 pm

Well, Bush cant be blamed for everything, because technically, only the people of the United States and Congress have the right to declare war. And, for the record, only the people have the right to remove this country from war once we declare it. However, most people in this country do not realize this, so, Bush just keeps going, until the people exercise their rights as U.S. citizens. In addtion, Bush defines success by what the Five Star General, and the Field Generals define as success. So, you would have to take them into account, for they are just as guilty as Bush is for this senceless war.
Back to top Go down
nankotsu
Groupie
nankotsu

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 6:25 pm

As a member of the us army, I have my own share of views.

While I dislike the fact we are at war, I dont believe pulling out is going to improve anything, I say we started it let's finish it. I'd rather us not have a repeat of Veitnam.

Last edited by on Tue May 08, 2007 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 10:54 pm

Anything we do wont improve. War isnt a strategy or an art, war is war, wether or not our people realize this is still to be determined. If you start a war, its war, pulling out only shows that you know your limits, and in Veitnam, we won battels but not the war, in Iraq, we have done niether, so, at this point, its a faliure. To many pawns have died by the ignorace of the king (only an allusion, not saying soliders are pawns and what not)
Back to top Go down
hils
Groupie
hils

Female
Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:35 am

nankotsu wrote:
As a member of the us army, I have my own share of views.

While I dislike the fact we are at war, I dont believe pulling out is going to improve anything, I say we started it let's finish it. I'd rather us not have a repeat of Veitnam.

I am of a similar opinion.

Of the guys I know over there, many tell me that there's a lot of "help us, help us, do this for us" over there followed by the same people not wanting to contribute or take over. For us to ever be able to move forward in this, we need the citizens of Iraq to start working with us more and stepping to the plate. Our troops cannot be building and fighting; We do not have enough troops to do that.

But it's a catch-22. They want us out of there, but then they want us there to help out. We need some harcore military heads to get together and figure out a solution where we aren't cutting and running like Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That dreaded four letter word.   That dreaded four letter word. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That dreaded four letter word.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path :: GENERAL :: THE GREAT DEBATE-
Jump to: