The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Donnie Darko

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 12:04 am

Okay, I'll avoid a rant on just how much I love this film.

Suffice to say, it's one of those odd little indie films (top 50 of all time!) that happens to come along, make practically no sense, and attract a cult following within months and thus get re-done director's cut wise.

The directors cut even used Oingo Boingo music.

Major plus.

SO

Who has seen this glorious film of pure awesome, and who's still wearing their stupid bunny suit?
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:06 pm

I saw the movie and loved it, saw the director's cut and was blown away. Seriously, the Director's Cut takes an awesome movie and makes it that much more awesome. PLUS, there is an EVIL DEAD cameo in the movie too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Yeah, my dad and I watched Evil Dead and right as they showed the bit where the car drove up, both said "DONNIE DARKO!" at the exact same time.
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 9:13 pm

WK wrote:
Yeah, my dad and I watched Evil Dead and right as they showed the bit where the car drove up, both said "DONNIE DARKO!" at the exact same time.

And hey, best of all, it gave Patrick Swayze some work! So all in all, the movie did a lot of good, heh.

On a more serious note, this movie had the WORST advertising campaign for it when it came out. Whoever was in charge of marketing it sucked major balls, because instead of the creepy psychological thriller that it is now, they instead pushed it as some Dawson's Creek "coming of age" bullcrap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:28 am

Agreed.

My input on the trailer primarily: Needed more Frank. He was really what drove home the whole "creepy" feel of the thing and he was barely seen in the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donnie Darko
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path :: ENTERTAINMENT :: TV & MOVIES-
Jump to: