The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rap

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Now, I know most people do not like rap, but, what if the rap did more than talk about money and degrade women, what if there was a message, of the struggle faced by your people, and, your friends? What if a rap artist talked about how much they love someone (and not a tone of...unmentionable other things)? Would that make it a better genere?
Back to top Go down
Raven_Gaara
Lackey

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 4:58 pm

If all what you said came true, then yes, it would make a much better genre and I might actually want to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theninja-rpg.com
Aisha
Groupie
Aisha

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 6:56 pm

Well I dont think its possible for that to happen.......it all sounds too utopian for me.I mean that K-Fed and 50 Cent and the whole other mr self proclaimed Lords of Rap Kingdom;the only thing they can do is talk about how great they are and how women falls down to their charms.

The only thing they can talk about loving is how they fell in love with their reflection in the Mirror or something.
RAP Is the worst genre and it will remain the worst as far as I'm concerned!
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 10:29 pm

Meh, I'm a rapper, who hates seeing women, or men for that matter downgraded, or, just acting like your rich when your not, because, oldschool rap, was about how you lived everyday, keeping it real, not, putting on a show, and for that, I commend the following rappers, Eminem (specifally for, Mockingbird, and Toy soilders, cleaning out my closet) Tupac Shakaur, Biggie Smalls, Eazy-E, for keeping it real, and not putting on a show, but, I'm only one unheard of rapper, who wants change...
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Groupie
Aisha

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 2:57 pm

Yes....I cant disagree with you,Eminem is surely a person who has no intentions to show off how rich or super he is unlike someothers.And yeah he is one of those few rappers who wants to keep it real.
Maybe if more rappers like you;Invadergir start emerging maybe Rap Genre may be the next big thing!
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 12:56 pm

meh, if people want, I will post some of teh songs i wrote for inspection
Back to top Go down
Viridian
Groupie
Viridian

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am

If rap wasn't funny and kind of stupid, then... it wouldnt be rap, XD

I just listen to it because I like to laugh at it. It's hilarious when all these millionaire rappers are talking about "the hood" and trying to not get shot on a daily basis... And even though most of them were from places like that, it's just funny hearing them singing about them now, knowing they wrote the songs in their million dollar houses.

I know that was semi-offtopic but... whatever.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 am

*nods* good point, though its still annoying to see, women downgraded. but, hey, put in request and I write music, so long as it is appropriate

and no, that wasnt off topic, that the whole point of this thread^^
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 3:31 am

Look at one of the very first rap songs to ever hit it big, "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. What's that about? It's a blunt, straight up message about how life sucks where they're from, something with wasn't openly discussed back then. It was raw, honest and very awesome and catchy.

Now, who's big? 50 Cent (who always raps like he has a mouthful of cotton) and Lil' Jon.

I really miss Wu-Tang and from what I've heard, Jay-Z's last album was kinda off the mark, so I've been hesitant to buy that. I have been getting into MF Doom lately (thanks to DANGERDOOM) and the guy is just all kinds of groovy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 4:25 am

Fifty talks the way he does because of the hole is his gum, and eayh, i wasrefering to modern day rap, cause the likes of Ez-e and Biggie, Ice T (who knows who that is?) Tupac, Proof, Grandmaster flash, thats why they stand out, but, i meant how more of todays rap sucks
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 4:31 am

INVADERGIR wrote:
Fifty talks the way he does because of the hole is his gum, and eayh, i wasrefering to modern day rap, cause the likes of Ez-e and Biggie, Ice T (who knows who that is?) Tupac, Proof, Grandmaster flash, thats why they stand out, but, i meant how more of todays rap sucks

I agree completely, really. But there a few shining gems among the rubble. And yeah, I know who Ice T is. The dude was a great rapper and his metal band, Body Count, started all the ruckus with "COP KILLER"
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 9:27 am

YAY, someone elese knows who Ice T... and the few shinning jems, well, there arent enough yet to really make a diffrnece

I must salute Crisis for his attiude that there is no point in acintg, so Crisis, I salute you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap   Rap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path :: ENTERTAINMENT :: MUSIC-
Jump to: