The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death of a whale.

Go down 
+3
Takathedragon
Viridian
The Tygre
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Tygre
Groupie
The Tygre

Male
Number of posts : 17
Location : Somewhere directly above the center of the earth and below the thermosphere
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Well, it's official. The Yangtze River Dolphin is extinct. Bravo, mankind. You finally wiped a cetecean species off the plant. Braaavo.

Come here to mourn the extinct species.
Back to top Go down
Viridian
Groupie
Viridian

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-05

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Hats off to you, dolphin killers. How exactly did they become extinct? I'm fascinated on what stupid method we used to kill off yet another species.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Me too. What did humans do this time.
Back to top Go down
The Tygre
Groupie
The Tygre

Male
Location : Somewhere directly above the center of the earth and below the thermosphere

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 pm

Pollution, boating traffic. More or less, human neglect. Either way, there's only two or three left, probably less, and those are in captivity. Let's just happen the same thing doesn't happen to the other river dolphins of the world, like the Ganges.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Wow, thank you for posting this, it is nice to know that someone actually cares about the enviroment. *Gives you giant (insert whatever you like here)*
Back to top Go down
Rose
Alpha Female
Rose

Female
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 11:37 am

Yes the dolphin's aren't as plentiful as before, but how, honestly does this affect any of us? Yes it's sad, we've wiped another species off the face of the planet, but it does not affect us.
Back to top Go down
The Tygre
Groupie
The Tygre

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Rose, are you gonna' be one of those people who has to bring extinction topics down just because they don't directly affect anybody?

It doesn't affect us, it's a sign. 'Save the Whales' is starting to go to Hell. The environment is dying. The extinction of a cetecean is the second biggest sign, right after roasting a condor on a spit (Please, people. I kindly ask that you restrain any 'condor tastes like chicken jokes'.). It shows we need to take care of the planet. Plus it's just sad. I might be less sympathetic if it was some other species, but it was the Yangtze, man. The Yangtze. This thing was practically blind, dog-ugly, and still graceful. It was, in a word, unique. There will never be another Yangtze. Something beautiful has just been wiped out. This site is dedicated to everything and anything. Let's dedicate a moment to a beautiful, lost animal.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Alpha Female
Rose

Female
Number of posts : 266

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 3:06 pm

The Tygre wrote:
Rose, are you gonna' be one of those people who has to bring extinction topics down just because they don't directly affect anybody?

I'm not trying to bring down any topics. I am merely expressing my personal opinion, after all, a debate is just a formal or informal gathering of people with opposing view points. It's a setting that allows you freely and openly express your opinion.

I believe in not getting mixed up in issues that don't directly involve me, live tends to be a little simpler.

I also believe that we should fix the problems the humans, us, are facing before spending countless fortunes on animals, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
The Tygre
Groupie
The Tygre

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 7:41 pm

You make a good point. We should probably try and stand on our own legs before we try to help other up on their feet.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:18 am

Both of the points you made are acurate (Rose and The Tyger), though, at least from where I live (Detroit, formerly the armpit of the world), if we dont take care of the animals that we eat, the enviroment that gives us our air, our water, and ocasionally recreation, we give ourselves the representaion of the worst city in the world. Second, humans can not fix the problem, because we refuse to admit that we are the problem. Until humans can realize the problem, niether our enviroment, (which is critical to our survival) our ourselves, can make anything better.
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 am

One thing to look at it this way Rose, is think of all the animals of the world as part of giant Jenga tower. Each animal supports another animal, as it's all part of the tower. When one of the blocks is knocked out, sure, not much will happen. But if another block is gone, and another, and another, and another, then the whole tower collapses. I'm about as far from the stereo-typical pot smoking hippie, but I think bad things could happen if we're not more careful about the animals, cause in the long run, it can and will effect humans too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Nevermore
Groupie
Nevermore

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-04-04

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2007 11:56 pm

The way I look at the whole deal...
Is that if dolphins are wiped out, it's only a matter of time before.. oh, say, whales are wiped out, and then another species and another species that don't directly affect us.. but then more and more species will disappear until no one's left but us humans.

And then *poof*.

My point is... Think about how the dolphins feel about being extinct!
Back to top Go down
http://www.quizilla.com/users/sorceress1
Aisha
Groupie
Aisha

Female
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 9:06 am

Actually if Dolphins become extinct who cares Twisted Evil
I think you guys should worry about Humans becoming Extinct.I mean just look at the world around you,on one hand the Power hungry Bush is exterminating the whole Middle East and on the other hand the Psychopathetic Muslims are killing themselves even to wipe out the West.

As Charles Darwin predicted the world would come to an end as humans will step up to prove their superiority to other humans.In this battle they will wipe out each other and Human races will become Extinct.
So I dont think we should worry about some mindless good for nothing animals becoming extinct,we should first save ourselves from becoming extinct then worry about preserving wildlife.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 9:50 am

Well, if the wildlife, which is what supports the human existience, than well, poof, were gone too, we cant save ourselves unles we save what supports us first.
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Groupie
Aisha

Female

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 10:01 am

INVADERGIR wrote:
Well, if the wildlife, which is what supports the human existience, than well, poof, were gone too, we cant save ourselves unles we save what supports us first.

Oh sweetie no problem with me I can survive without animals, Im a vegetarian.
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 7:30 pm

I wasnt refering to eating, other people eat meat, and that meat drives the economy, in addition, without animals, the humans that do depend on them will collapse, and if they collapse, than you will eventually be affected, because the people who are around you, would be affected. There is no way to escape a human;s dependency on animals, or the enviroment (the bigger picture to which I was actually refering to) so, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Aisha
Groupie
Aisha

Female

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 4:53 am

Okay maybe environment is strongly linked to Humans.....but lets get to the real topic about this death of this whale.I dont think this extiction of whales really have anything to do with the survival of Humans isnt it?
Back to top Go down
Takathedragon
S-rank Shinobi
Takathedragon

Male

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:40 pm

meh, it could, it couldnt, who knows, but, there are some things that are good to risk, but the plannet we live on isnt so good risk^^, but, you are right however, that this is the wrong thread for this subject.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death of a whale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death of a whale.   Death of a whale. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death of a whale.
Page 1 of 1