The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2007-04-02

STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Empty
PostSubject: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:56 pm

Okay, well first off, I think I like this new layout a bit better than the red and black one. Yes, I know, I've gone through layouts faster than Paris Hilton goes through birth control pills, but I REEAAALLLLYYYYY like this one.

Secondly, I applied for an account with GoogleAds. If you look above, you see we already have it, but it's not registered to me and there's no way for me to get any money from it. HOPEFULLY, my application will go through and maybe I might be able to earn a little bit of extra scratch via these ads.

Thirdly, WE NEED FRONT PAGE WRITERS! One of my favorite forums/websites of all time is www.somethingawful.com

If you go there now, you see they have a front page, complete with various articles and features as well as having one of the largest forums on the web. Whereas I doubt we'll ever reach SA levels of popularity, I do like the idea of having front page articles. Except ours would be one article a week, from a different forum member. When it's your turn to write, you could post pretty much whatever you like. Poems, short stories, fanfiction, humorous rants, parodies, etc.

But before I go and do that, what I gotta know is, are you guys down with that? Would this be something you'd be interested in? Lemme know.

-Stay groovy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/938930/
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm

1: Love the article idea
2: Love the new forum layout (I don't have to blue-ize my font anymore!
3: I just zapped the mosquito on SA and can now get a free laptop
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:27 pm

WK wrote:
1: Love the article idea
2: Love the new forum layout (I don't have to blue-ize my font anymore!
3: I just zapped the mosquito on SA and can now get a free laptop

Yeah, sadly, I get the feeling if I do get approved for GoogleAds, that we'd have to put up with ads like that. If they become too bothersome and too frequent, you could either download an AdBlocker or I'll just pull them all together.
Back to top Go down
Skeleton Escaflowne
Groupie
Skeleton Escaflowne

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-06

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 9:09 pm

Quote :
Thirdly, WE NEED FRONT PAGE WRITERS! One of my favorite forums/websites of all time is www.somethingawful.com

OOO Pick Me!

Quote :
Yeah, sadly, I get the feeling if I do get approved for GoogleAds, that we'd have to put up with ads like that. If they become too bothersome and too frequent, you could either download an AdBlocker or I'll just pull them all together.

I use Adblocker Plus for Firefox, You can block the image or the frame. I blocked google ads once and ive never seen them since.
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Skeleton Escaflowne wrote:
Quote :

OOO Pick Me!

SWEET! You can go first! I'd like to have your article or whatever you wanna do by this coming Monday. And I'll need the name you wanted it credited too.
Back to top Go down
Skeleton Escaflowne
Groupie
Skeleton Escaflowne

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 pm

I just did some BS on how 42 is not the answer. how do you want me to send it to you. I'll also give you an image I've made for it.
Back to top Go down
Rose
Alpha Female
Rose

Female
Number of posts : 266

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:00 pm

I want to go next Mr. Zissman, *pouts* PWEEEEEEASE?

I have a good idea to, and who doesn't like listening to an overly hormonal b*tch rant about the world around her.
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:03 pm

I just did some BS on how 42 is not the answer. how do you want me to send it to you. I'll also give you an image I've made for it.

You can PM it to me or e-mail it to me, All my contact info is in my profile.
Back to top Go down
Skeleton Escaflowne
Groupie
Skeleton Escaflowne

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:17 pm

Sent.
Back to top Go down
Zissman
Supreme Galatic Overlord
Zissman

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:25 pm

Sent.

I like it, but could you make it a bit, I dunno, more beefy? Like, add a couple of more paragraphs to it?
Back to top Go down
Skeleton Escaflowne
Groupie
Skeleton Escaflowne

Male

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:28 pm

Oh yeah, sure.

Edit: Sent Again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07   STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STATE OF THE FORUMS - 4/6/07
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path :: GENERAL :: NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS-
Jump to: