The Path
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path

A webforum dedicated to everything and anything.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Preacher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Preacher   Preacher Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 9:14 am

Preacher 389pxpreacher56oq9

Quote :
Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a down-and-out preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. Custer was accidentally possessed by the supernatural creature named 'Genesis' in an incident which killed his entire congregation and flattened his church.

Genesis, the product of the unauthorized, unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon, is an infant with no sense of individual will. However, as it is composed of both pure goodness and pure evil, it might have enough power to rival that of God himself. In other words, Jesse Custer, bonded to Genesis, may have become the most powerful being in the whole existence.

Custer, driven by a strong sense of right and wrong, goes on a journey across the United States attempting to (literally) find God, who abandoned Heaven the moment Genesis was born. He also begins to discover the truth about his new powers, which allow him to command the obedience of those who hear his words. He is joined by his old girlfriend Tulip O'Hare, as well as a hard-drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy.

During the course of their journeys, the three encounter enemies and obstacles both sacred and profane, including: the Saint of Killers, an invincible, quick-drawing, perfect-aiming, come-lately Angel of Death answering only to the authority of God Himself; a serial-killer called the 'Reaver-Cleaver'; The Grail, a secret organization controlling the governments of the world and protecting the bloodline of Jesus; Herr Starr, ostensible Allfather of the Grail, a megalomaniac with a penchant for prostitutes, who wishes to use Custer for his own ends; several fallen angels; and Jesse's own redneck 'family' — particularly his nasty Cajun grandmother, her mighty bodyguard Jody, and the 'animal-loving' T.C.

Great comic book series or greatest comic book series?
Back to top Go down
The Tygre
Groupie
The Tygre

Male
Number of posts : 17
Location : Somewhere directly above the center of the earth and below the thermosphere
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preacher   Preacher Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm gonna' have to go with just 'great' here. That might be because I never read it, or could be because I already read 'Sandman' (greatest) and 'Hellboy' (runner-up). I'll have to check it out though.
Back to top Go down
Q
Sadako Fanboy
Q

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preacher   Preacher Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 2:35 am

lol, I have to read Sandman myself actually.

Preacher's an odd one for me personally; excessive drunks, graituitous sex, detailed violence and all the manner of things that you don't even see in horror films...

None of those are really things I enjoy in entertainment....

...except "Preacher" somehow put them all in the right spots and carried a really fun plotline.

and he's vulgar as heck, but Starr somehow has that aura of "I AM AWESOME" about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preacher   Preacher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preacher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Path :: ENTERTAINMENT :: BOOKS & COMICBOOKS-
Jump to: